To make the shape of the buttocks more pronounced and create a beautiful arch in the lower back, you need to work out the gluteus medius. It works both when performing many different movements, such as running and walking and maintaining a standing position.
With a sedentary lifestyle, the middle gluteus muscles can atrophy, which has negative consequences for the body. Therefore, exercises must be introduced into any program, and in some cases, completely devote the lesson to working it out.
Functions of the gluteus medius muscle
These muscles contribute to:
- abduction of the hips outward, in different directions, or inward;
- maintaining when bending the body, especially if the bends are performed on only one supporting leg;
- stability of the trunk while standing, support the foot when lifting.
Training this muscle group creates aesthetic appeal and firm buttock relief. But besides this, regular training helps:
- improving the result in athletics, jumping;
- reducing pressure on the joints of the knees, pelvis, and hips, which is especially important for the prevention of arthritis;
- creates an attractive arch in the lower back.
Therefore, working with these types of muscles is important not only for girls but also for professional male athletes.
For high-quality pumping of the upper zone of the buttocks, the following rules must be followed:
- alternation of power and multi-repetition mode;
- training with medium weight, so that the large muscles of the buttocks do not take on the main work;
- the pelvic area must be completely stable – any movement, even by inertia, will reduce the effect of the exercises;
- working out the gluteus medius follows the main exercises.
In order to work this muscle better, it should first be “tired” with basic training.
A variety of abductions in a standing or lying position work best to work out the upper zone of the gluteal tissue.
1 leg raises
I.P. – lying on its side, the lower arm is bent and serves as a support for the head, and the other palm is firmly attached to the floor, stabilizing the body. Smoothly lift the foot of your working leg to create a 30-degree angle. Hold this position and slowly lower it. Perform 4 points for 15 rubles. on each leg.
When doing it, make sure that the working foot does not touch the bottom. Move your supporting lower leg slightly so that the toe of your upper leg almost touches her heel. For those who find this exercise easy, you should not lower the foot to the end and use weights for the feet.
2. Legs abduction
I. P. – standing. When doing it, hold on to a ledge or handrail with your hand. Move a couple of steps away from the wall. Bend the foot back with force, but not more than 45 degrees. Fix the position. Then smoothly return to I.P. Do the same for the other leg. Perform 4 p. 12-15 p. on each leg.
To enhance the effect, you can use a rubber band. When performing, it is necessary to avoid inertia and ensure that the muscles of the buttocks work strictly during the abduction.
3. Abduction and swing of the legs
I.P. – palms and knees rest tightly on the floor. Keep your back straight, arms straight, knees at a right angle. Take your hip to the right, this work is only due to the muscles of the hip joint. Once the thigh is parallel to the floor surface, stop for a couple of seconds and return to I.P. Also repeat on the other leg. Now take each leg back. Perform 5 points for 20 p. for each leg.
4. Climbing the curbstone
To do this, you will need a small pedestal or bench. To perform, you need to go up and down from the pedestal. To increase efficiency, you can pick up weights or dumbbells, alternate the positions of the feet when lifting – spread the feet wide, along the edges of the pedestal, then alternate them with the feet brought together.
When lifting, try not to push off with your foot, which is on the floor, but to rise using the strength of the hip.